How many of you had a discussion with your maids or house helps over how their old notes of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 will be exchanged? Like most of us, my morning also started with my domestic help coming up to me with the question, “Didi humare paas 1000, 500 ke note hai, ab kya kare?”

Is her money now a waste? No, it isn’t. She can easily get it exchanged at a post office or at a bank.

But what if she doesn’t have a bank account? You must convince your house helps to getan account created in a bank. Creating a bank account is no longer a tedious process. Bak accounts can be created if you have any identification proof like the Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Pass Port, NREGA Card, PAN Card, Identity Card Issued by Government Department, Public Sector Unit to its Staff are valid Identity proofs.

Also, any citizen over the age of 10 can get a Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana account made easily. If Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number is available then no other document is required. If the address has changed, then a self-certification of current address is sufficient.

Several people from across the social strata are helping the lesser privileged class make a transition from the old currency to the new.

Here are a few examples from Twitter:

Several people said those from the low earning class have shown readiness and approval towards the government’s decision.

Some even had suggestions from black money holders.

Jokes apart, extend a hand of support to your house helps and assist them enter the economic cycle.