Ajay Devgn’s much ambitious project — Shivaay, is hitting the theatres this weekend, on 28 October. The buzz around the film, which is clashing with Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, is quite high among the audiences. The promotions of Shivaay are in its last phase and the team is expecting a good turnout in theatres this Diwali.
As soon as promotions started, Shivaay got marred in controversies. Producer and director Ajay Devgn had alleged film critic Kamal R Khan for taking money from Karan Johar to give negative publicity to Shivaay. While the issue erupted causing all kinds of news pieces to run in the media, Ajay always seemed confident of his product. He even said that the day of release will prove which film do the audiences want to give their love to. Audiences are spoilt for choice between ADHM and Shivaay. They are confused for which one they should pick for their first day-first show watch.
Before the day arrives and they flock to the theatres, here are a few reasons why Shivaay could just be your first pick:
- It’s one of the most ambitious projects of actor Ajay Devgn. The actor has been thinking and working on the storyline of this film for two years. While nothing about the story of the film has been given away through the promos, the efforts of the team are evidently visible.
2. Shivaay has got some brilliantly executed action scenes. One thing which is assured from the film is the fact that it is going to set a new benchmark in terms of action in Hindi cinema. Talking about the same, Ajay had once said that he’s not eyeing to compete with Hollywood but wants to raise the bar of his own industry. He said that the intention with Shivaay is to prove that if they (Hollywood) can make it, we too can.
3. The stunning locations of Bulgaria, Mussouri and Hyderabad have been shot in the film. It’s a visual treat to see a pretty house amid the snow-caped mountains. The makers have even claimed that the film has been shot at the ‘never-seen-before’ locations. They have also said that the scientific devices were used to discover the locations in Bulgaria and most of these locations are unreachable. In fact, human beings can’t survive in such places which are accessible only through choppers.
4. Shivaay is the launchpad for Sayyeshaa Saigal, the grand-niece of Saira Banu and daughter of actors Shaheen Banu and Sumeet Saigal. Sayeeshaa is playing a pivotal role in the film and believes that even a solo-heroine film would not have done justice to her as much as Shivaay has done. She says that she would like to do a film like DDLJ too but films like Shivaay comes once in a while and she’s happy to be a part of it.
5. The music of the film, created by Mithoon has certain subtlety about it. The track of Shivaay — Darkhaast, Bolo Har Har Har, Raatein and Tere Naal Ishqa are the current favourites on the chart-buster list.
Doesn’t matter which film is going to be your first pick, Shivaay definitely deserves a watch.