Dear Zindagi has hit the theatres today. The Gauri Shinde directorial has garnered mixed reviews. With a few praising the positive intention of the film and a few criticising the lazy script, the film is a talking point currently. The film has gotten a 50-55% of opening in India, which is anyways a low percentage for a Shah Rukh Khan-starrer standard. Dear Zindagi has released on 1200 screens in the country and is expected to garner a total of Rs 5 cr-Rs 7 cr at the Box Office on its opening day.
This might turn out to be the lowest opening day grosser in last 10 years for SRK. The opening day collections of the films, which featured Shah Rukh Khan in the leading role in last 10 years, are as follow:
Also read: Dear Zindagi Movie Review
- Fan (2016) — Rs 19. 07 crore
- Dilwale (2015) — Rs 20. 37 crore
- Happy New Year (2014) — Rs 36. 31 crore
- Chennai Express (2013) — Rs 30. 48 crore
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) — Rs 12.6 crore
- Don 2 (2011) — Rs 14. 60 crore
- Ra. One (2011) — Rs 14. 73 crore
- My Name Is Khan (2010) — Rs 8. 16 crore
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) — Rs 6. 76 crore
The collection of Dear Zindagi is expected to jump in the weekdays after more positive worth-of-mouth pours in. If the opening day collection surpasses Rs 7 crore at the Box Office, it will be expected to rake in more than an average hit’s turnout in India.
While Dear Zindagi features SRK in a pivotal role, it has been deemed as an Alia Bhatt film. Here’s the opening day collection report of Alia Bhatt’s films:
- Udta Punjab — Rs 9. 53 crore
- Kapoor and Sons — Rs 6. 58 crore
- Shaandaar — Rs 11. 71 crore
- Highway — Rs 3. 21 crore
- Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania — Rs 8. 71 crore
- 2 States — Rs 12. 11 crore
- Student Of The Year — Rs 7. 52 crore
It’ll now be difficult for Dear Zindgai to even surpass Alia’s top first day grosser at the Box Office. With 2 States’ opening day collection being Rs 12. 11 crore (approx), Alia might have to look up to her upcoming films — Badrinath Ki Dulhania and an untitled one with Ayaan Mukherjee.
— mentioned are the approx figures taken from Box Office India