Priyanka Gandhi -Vadra on February 17 begins the campaign for the Congress and SP alliance for the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh. She is campaigning for the third phase from Rae Bareli which is Sonia Gandhi’s constituency and is accompanied by her brother and Congress Vice-President, Rahul Gandhi. Earlier, Congress leader told IANS, right now she will be campaigning for the 10 party candidates in the two parliamentary constituencies and at a later stage can also campaign for joint candidates of the alliance.
Earlier, Rahul Gandhi addressed a rally in Raebareli where he attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying that he works only for rich.
Here are the highlights
5: 08 PM: PM Modi is an outsider and UP does not any outsider for its development.
5:07 PM: PM Modi said that UP has adopted me and I’ll work for its development. Does UP need to adopt anyone for its development
5: 04 PM: Youth of UP can join politics and can develop the state, says Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
5: 03 PM: Prime Minister ne kaha mujhe UP ne godh liya aur mein UP ka vikas karoonga. Kya UP ko vikas ke liye kisi ko godh lene ki zarurat hai?: Priyanka G Vadra
Here are the highlights from Rahul Gandhi’s speech
- PM Modi took away food park, employment, ‘Made in Rae Bareli’ because he wanted to take revenge.
- Life of a family can be changed with Rs 20, 000 but PM will give the money to Vijay Mallya,
- Modi ji seems very tired. He should stay in Delhi. We can govern UP. In 2019, we will ask him to leave Delhi as well, so he can relax.
- PM tries to make relationships wherever he goes. He went to Varanasi and said ‘I’m the son of Varanasi’. The PM had promised he would clean Ganga, free internet, would make Bhojpuri film city in Varanasi.
- PM has abandoned the poor.
- Only poor suffered due to note ban
- Why hasn’t PM waived off farmer loans.
- Modi government has done nothing for farmers.
- Congress VP Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra at an election rally in Raebareli
As per the campaigning list that was released by Congress, Priyanka Gandhi is one of the star campaigners.For past several years, Raebareli has been Sonia Gandhi’s constituency but as she is not keeping well for sometime, it was expected that Priyanka might step in for campaigning in order to retain the crucial congress seat. Priyanka also played a major role in Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance for the upcoming elections in Uttar Pradesh. Amethi will go to polls on February 27, while Rae Bareli votes on February 23.
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) February 17, 2017